From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Prepping 4.1.0 promotion
Date Wed, 29 May 2013 19:41:59 GMT
Hey all,

the fifth round vote for 4.1.0 and it seems to be going well. If
successful the VOTE should end on Friday - so we should plan on doing
the announcement on either Monday or Tuesday next week. I'd suggest we
aim for Tuesday.

Note that we'll also be able to announce the line-up of talks for the
conference on Monday. Not sure if we want to combine announcements or
not. I'd probably opt for separate announcements, but with a plug for
the conference in the 4.1.0 announcement text as well.

Edited draft here:

https://gist.github.com/jzb/5673192

(Per conversation here: http://markmail.org/message/d4z2tnw75v7q2rhu)

I'd like to send out a media announcement on Friday, assuming a
successful VOTE, and start asking if anyone wants a briefing.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier