From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: cloudstack survey [discuss]
Date Wed, 29 May 2013 16:43:53 GMT
On Wed, May 29, 2013, at 10:58 AM, Giles Sirett wrote:
> Joe  thanks for feedback
>
> *somebody* has to collect the data. I've no particular interest in it
> being Shapeblue, but somebody has to be prepared to collect it, analyse
> it and also  underwrite some commitments around data protection, etc. My
> thoughts were that is better coming from an organisation that is known to
> some extent within the community as opposed to an individual. I'm happy
> for SB to accept the liability & commitment of doing this.  If not, are
> we able to send the survey *from* the ACS community formally ? Happy to
> accept advice and do what needs to be done

We can do this two ways:

- One is to have someone from the community create a SurveyMonkey (or
similar) account and manage it on behalf of the community.

- The other way is not to collect identifying data (name, email,
company, etc.).

(Or both)

> WRT the "Citrix question" : I do hear you and thought long and hard about
> this. Is your disagreement one of it being fundamentally wrong to include
> CCP  or just the way its worded/presented?

Just the way it's worded. If we want to say something like "derivative"
of CloudStack, that's more accurate. (There's probably a nicer-sounding
word than "derivative" that would work here, but it's not coming to me
at the moment.)

Best,

jzb
--