From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: cloudstack survey [discuss]
Date Wed, 29 May 2013 15:20:50 GMT
Hi Giles,

So, I'm not really comfy with ShapeBlue (or Citrix, or any commercial
entity) collecting contact info for the community.

On to the survey itself. I'd like to see more questions about what the
users want from CloudStack, their thoughts on release cycle, what they
care about most (does the fact it's ASL 2.0 matter? that it's an open
community? that it's free?)

Question 6:

xen should be Xen, Vmware should be VMware.

Question 7:

"What version of CloudStack do you run"

CCP is not a version of CloudStack, technically. It's a product based on
CloudStack. It's an important distinction, and we don't want a community
survey putting the words in people's heads that CCP is "a version of
CloudStack."

Question 8:

"Have you had any major issues with CloudStack? Please detail"

What, we're assuming everybody *has* had major issues? ;-)

I'd ask something about their level of success with CloudStack, and
*then* ask for details.

We should have a question about community support, I think. (e.g., "Have
you sought support via the community? If so, how was your experience?")

We might want to narrow 9 down a bit as well. We probably have some
known features that are floating around as wish items in Jira that may
not be in progress. We might want to pick some, and again have a
free-form text for the folks who want to give more detailed answers.

Keeping this to one page is probably all for the good, much higher
chance of completion.

Best,

Joe

On Wed, May 29, 2013, at 10:05 AM, Giles Sirett wrote:
> All
>
> Please see my first attempt at a Cloudstack user survey
>
> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/28BV97D
>
> please post comments on list
>
> For those of you who are actually using Cloudstack (I presume we all
> are), please feel free to complete the survey in order to test it out
>
> As I say on the survey, I'm collecting this data purely as a community
> activity and have committed to not using the data for any marketing
> (unless the customer say they;d like to: if they do, it would be for
> *Apache* purposes only, not for ShapeBlue in any way)
>
> I'm limited to 10 questions on surveymonkey. To be frank, I think 10 is
> enough
> Once we get this agreed, I will need everybodys help to "promote" the
> survey, in other words to tweet, linkedin, email, etc
>

> Kind Regards
> Giles
>
> Giles Sirett
> CEO

> giles.sirett@shapeblue.com<mailto:giles.sirett@shapeblue.com> |
> www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com/> |
> Twitter:@shapeBlue<https://twitter.com/#!/shapeblue>

> ShapeBlue are proud to be sponsoring CloudStack Collaboration  Conference
> NA
>
> [https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/30760149/CloudStack+Collaboration+Conference+Banner+v2+Blue+Background+Only.jpg?version=3&modificationDate=1367282397297]<http://www.cloudstackcollab.net/>

> 19/20 June,
> London<http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-bootcamp-training-course/>
> 22/23 June, Santa Clara
> CA<http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-bootcamp-training-course/>
> 10/11 July, Bangalore,
> India<http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-bootcamp-training-course/>
> 21/22 August,
> London<http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-bootcamp-training-course/>

> solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views
> or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
> necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If
> you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take
> any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please
> contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.
> Services India LLP is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd.
> ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Best,

jzb
--