From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: Event approval process changes
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 17:30:43 GMT
On Wed, May 22, 2013, at 10:25 AM, Chip Childers wrote:
> The last ASF board meeting dissolved the ConCom PMC, and has split out
> responsibilities to other parts of the foundation.  This impacts us
> specifically, in that approvals for the use of our Brand (including
> events) are primarily the responsibility of the PMC.
>
> That being said, we are now being asked to switch from concom approval
> to a trademarks@ lazy consensus.  Guidance from the board was to change
> our trademark guidelines to require trademarks@ lazy concensus, and that
> the PMC was actually accountable for all of these approvals.

This looks good to me, with one question:

Who speaks for the PMC here? Should we have someone on point for this so
we ensure that people get a response in a timely fashion?

We should also spell out: Put a [SPONSORSHIP] tag in the subject of the
email, starting a new thread for each event - so we explicitly see an
email for each event in its own thread.

Best,

jzb
--