From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: CloudPlatform/CloudStack Customers and Marketing
Date Sat, 18 May 2013 19:59:01 GMT
On Fri, May 17, 2013, at 03:06 PM, Musayev, Ilya wrote:
> What is the take on publishing names of CCP customers? I continuously
> learning about more CloudStack/CloudPlatform customers that are huge in
> size - but it hurts our marketing strategy as names don't get published.
>
> Perhaps I can start un-official CS/CP customer list on personal blogs
> based on public information (like job descriptions posted online).
>
> Thoughts?

So, unless a company has specifically signed-off on having their name
published, I think it's probably not a good idea to put it out there
without their blessing. That can have a backlash.

Having a "NASCAR" page of organizations that do use and are willing to
talk about their use of CloudStack would be a good thing. I just don't
want to incur any ill-will on the part of users who don't want to be
public, for whatever reason.

Best,

jzb
--