From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Website - CloudStack Collaboration Conference NA '13
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2013 15:46:39 GMT

On Apr 21, 2013, at 10:54 AM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> Karen, ignore my request. Despite having just read David's email, I didn't
> tie your comment up to his comment. I have seen the link, and yes, PMC
> approval for the conference itself seems to be established. Sorry for the
> noise! :)
>
> Also, Mark, just to address your previous comment about "hoops". Sorry if
> my emails are frustrating. I don't want to be a bother. I just think we
> ought to do this right. (And trying to figure out what that means myself.)
>
> I don't think there are any major problems here. If ConCom have already
> seen this, then that's good. Though, as I mention, I'd like to be able to
> look up the thread. The only thing I would say here is that
> private@cloudstack.apache.org should be CCed when reaching out to ConCom
> and Trademarks, and what have you, just so we're all kept in the loop on
> this stuff.

A side note in this overall thread. I sent an email to concom about two events I requested
approval for. I got not reply, not ack.
Then I saw a reply from concom to one of Noah's emails and this told me that they are not
as organized as what they would like to be.

We have to strike a balance between being perfect Apache citizens which sometimes strikes
me as being overly bureaucratic with policies all over the place and ack and approval and
consensus on every single action and being staleā€¦

Just my thoughts. If there is no evil I better ask for forgiveness than permissionā€¦(sometimes)

-sebastien