From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Discuss - CloudExpo Europe 2014
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 13:38:31 GMT

On Apr 29, 2013, at 9:23 AM, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 09:36:16AM +0000, Giles Sirett wrote:
>> All
>>
>> I've just had a long chat with Magie Meer, who  organises Cloudexpo Europe.
>>
>> For next years show (29/30 Jan, London) , they are going to do an open cloud hall/area
and want to give 3 or 4 cloud opensource communities some free space at the show.  My guess
is that will be openstack, ACS, eucalyptus & opennebula and that they will use these as
a way of pulling in commercial sponsors

>> I'd like to say "yes please".
>> I guess that is technically accepting sponsorship so I need a discussion here, PMC
approval & a committer to be involved  in the organisation (I think).  I work with Geoff
Higginbottom who can take the committer role. So, please discuss on this list with a view
to getting PMC approval

>> One  question: if we do say yes, what could we do for an exhibition stand ? - my
gut feeling is that she may offer to help us with that also.

>> In terms of manning the stand, it's a long way out, but I'm sure we can find a few
people between us (Sebastien et al, a couple of the ShapeBlue guys,etc)

> +1 - with the (perhaps obvious) reminder that if the booth is an ACS
> booth, that the people and materials are there to represent ACS only
> (and not any other entity / org)
>
> concom and pmc lazy consensus remains required via that email suggested
> to concom@a.o and private@cs.a.o
>
> Sebastien - does CTXS have ACS branded booth equipment that they could
> lend to the affair situated in the EU?

yes, we have a pop-up banner and a table cloth that can be borrowed.
Of course anyone doing such an exhibit for ACS can also design/fabricate their own and get
approval.