From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Events Approval
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 20:56:10 GMT
It depends who we decide as a project needs to approve events and marketing
materials. Typically, the PMC is the body that does this. But we might also
want to redefine that and say that the community is able to make those
approvals.

If we decide that he community can do this without any direct
acknowledgement or approval from the PMC, then the dev@ list or the
marketing@ list would be fine. And I am sure a few PMC members would see
the thread also.

But if we are saying that the PMC itself needs to grant approval, then the
PMC as a whole needs to be copied in on the thread. Perhaps that is just a
CC to private@ with any formal request like this. We could then ask that
someone from the PMC acks the request, or we could just allow lazy
consensus to apply, and if nobody objects, then it is approved.

--
NS