From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Typical process for getting approval for events/sponsorship
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 12:51:13 GMT
Thanks for the response, Ross. (And sorry for the late response.)

One thing that just came up on trademarks@ is that Shane mentioned ConCom
is the place to discuss branding/trademarks, as they relate to events. I
just wanted to check that this was your understanding also. i.e. I have a
few ideas for that event management process you mention ;) but I am trying
to figure out which lists need to be notified.

My current thinking is that, at a minimum, we ask people to:

1) Send an email to concom@ with [event details] and CC the CloudStack PMC

2) Send an email to trademarks@ with [branding details] and CC the
CloudStack PMC

Based on Shane's feedback, I am uncertain now whether 2) is needed. Or
perhaps another option is to combine them both. We could have a guide to
what sort of information you need to put in a proposal, and then ask that
it is sent to concom@, trademarks@, and private@cloudstack.a.o for lazy
consensus.

What are your thoughts?

--