From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Website - CloudStack Collaboration Conference NA '13
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2013 14:54:41 GMT
Karen, ignore my request. Despite having just read David's email, I didn't
tie your comment up to his comment. I have seen the link, and yes, PMC
approval for the conference itself seems to be established. Sorry for the
noise! :)

Also, Mark, just to address your previous comment about "hoops". Sorry if
my emails are frustrating. I don't want to be a bother. I just think we
ought to do this right. (And trying to figure out what that means myself.)

I don't think there are any major problems here. If ConCom have already
seen this, then that's good. Though, as I mention, I'd like to be able to
look up the thread. The only thing I would say here is that
private@cloudstack.apache.org should be CCed when reaching out to ConCom
and Trademarks, and what have you, just so we're all kept in the loop on
this stuff.

About the trademarks stuff. I guess my only comment would be that this sort
of stuff is usually best sorted out before going live. I don't expect we'll
have any major problems. But the larger the event, the more circumspect we
should be.

I just took a look at the website now, with a critical eye. And I have a
few questions, with my "user hat" on:

1) Who is running this conference? It looks to me like Apache CloudStack is
running it. Is that the case? If so, how is the community being involved?
If not, then who is, and what is the relationship to CloudStack?

2) The copyright says "all rights reserved." Not sure where we stand on
that sort of thing. At the very least, we may want to add "Apache
CloudStack, CloudSTack, and the project logo are trademarks of The Apache
Software Foundation" or something.

--
NS