From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Draft trademark guidelines
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 01:11:46 GMT
The ASF policy on this should come in handy here:

http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs

Specifically:

"Logos are important to recognize as trademarks as well. For the project's
official logo (if it has one, and especially if it uses the ASF feather),
ensure that it includes a small "TM" symbol in the graphic or immediately
adjacent to it. For pages that include the project logo on them, ensure you
mention "... and the Project logo are trademarks..." in the attribution."

Additionally, for textual content:

"At the top of each project or product homepage, and on the top banner of
each page where the project name appears, you should include a "TM" symbol
next to the first main occurrence of the "Apache Foo" project name. This
highlights our trademark claim and emphasizes its importance to us."

--
NS