From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Typical process for getting approval for events/sponsorship
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 22:32:32 GMT
(Note the mixing of public and private lists.)

ConCom folks,

Please see this thread:

    Events Approval
    http://s.apache.org/1dc

The first email should be enough. No need to read it all.

So, what I'm wondering is: what is the typical process for getting approval
for events or event sponsorship like this?

Does ConCom need to be notified every time? Or is there a threshold? So,
for example, if you're just doing a small meet-up, then there's no need.

Also, I understand that project PMCs typically need to approve events,
sponsorship, and branding proposals. Do you know how this is usually done?
Would an a proposal like that be made to the dev@ list? Is that sufficient
to demonstrate PMC approval? Or are these requests usually CCed to
private@also? Note in this instance, the request as made to
marketing@,
which is a public list, but was split off from dev@ for convenience.

Thanks!