From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Website - CloudStack Collaboration Conference NA '13
Date Sat, 20 Apr 2013 21:34:00 GMT
I've not been involved in many conferences related to Apache products, so
my advice here is not representative of policy. Just what seems like might
be a good idea based on what I know.

Ideally, the plans for this conference would have been run past the
CloudStack PMC, ConCom, and Brand before we went live with it. Conferences
need approval from these groups. But what's done is done.

However, it might be a good idea to run it past them now, as we do need to
establish that approval retroactively.

Perhaps send a message to trademarks@apache.org, CCing
private@cloudstack.apache.org, detailing the ways in which you are using
the Apache CloudStack trademarks, and the steps you have taken to make sure
they are used responsibly.

Perhaps send a message to concom@apache.org, CCing
private@cloudstack.apache.org, detailing the plans for the conference. (I
am not sure what specific information ConCom are looking for. But see Ross
Gardler's recent thread on dev@cloudstack.apache.org for more context. For
smaller events it looks like this sort of thing is not important, but
ConCom certainly need to be involved for any conference level events.)

There's an active thread about how PMC oversight works for trademarks and
events and what have you, that I haven't followed up on yet. (Sorry about
that.) But until we have something ratified, I am assuming that approval
for things like this can be done via lazy consensus. i.e. This thread, and
two separates threads as detailed above, copying the PMC, should be enough.
(Assuming nobody raises objections within 72 hours.)

Chip, or anyone else from the PMC, feel free to correct me on any of this!

--
NS