From Pierre-Luc Bisaillon <pbisail...@cloudops.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Website Mock-Up #2
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 19:08:10 GMT
Joe,

Re: flow. I did another review of recent posts and I did find a similar
post from Mark (pasted below) but no consensus. I will put something
together and share. Maybe on this page?
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Website+Resources+and+Proposals#WebsiteResourcesandProposals-ContentThatLivesontheMainSite

Re: case studies. I think this warrants further discussion (separate
thread?). Do we agree that the main purpose here is to get as many people
to use CloudStack? If so, then are we afraid by the fact that some people
would shy away from CloudStack if they see corporate influence? But don't
we think that *more* people would be convinced of using it if they did see
case studies?

[previous comments from Mark]
- Prospects - Potential users that come to CS.org and want to learn
screenshots, feature list, video webcast, case studies of successful users
etc.
- User - Resources for users including user guides, documentation, support
mechanisms, IRC logs etc.
- Developers - Users who want to extend or integrate with CloudStack
including developer guide, wiki links to integrated technologies (e.g.
Puppet Manifests, Chef Cookbooks, Nagios Plugins, etc.)

I think that should be a design point should lead each type of user down
the path. Right now we provide a smorgasbord and users of the site pick
their own adventure. Perhaps we should be more prescriptive to help
improve their success.  I know Sonny floated a design already but I don't
think it addressed these points specifically. Maybe we could take the
feedback from this thread and have him do a rough wire frame and critique
it to get to where we need to be.

Take care,

PL

--