From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Banners for 4.1.0 Release - Thoughts?
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 01:26:10 GMT
On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 9:07 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 1, 2013, at 06:49 PM, David Nalley wrote:
>> Missing the trademark mark.
>
> So, are we actually expecting to slap a TM or (R) on every instance of
> "Apache CloudStack"?
>
> I'm looking around at other projects (OpenOffice, Hadoop, Firefox,
> Debian, etc.) and not seeing a lot of consistency in applying a TM or R
> to all graphics.
>
> I can ask Sonny to add it, I'm just wondering if it's Absolutely
> Necessary (TM).

So not 'every occurrence'
But   "...you should include a "TM" symbol next to the first main
occurrence of the "Apache Foo" project name."

So I guess it depends on whether you expect this to be used in places
other than the ACS website. If so I'd say that you need the TM symbol
(Registered trademark isn't applicable for graphics)

--David