From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Website - CloudStack Collaboration Conference NA '13
Date Sat, 20 Apr 2013 22:40:48 GMT
On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 5:34 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> I've not been involved in many conferences related to Apache products, so
> my advice here is not representative of policy. Just what seems like might
> be a good idea based on what I know.
>
> Ideally, the plans for this conference would have been run past the
> CloudStack PMC, ConCom, and Brand before we went live with it. Conferences
> need approval from these groups. But what's done is done.
>
> However, it might be a good idea to run it past them now, as we do need to
> establish that approval retroactively.
>
> Perhaps send a message to trademarks@apache.org, CCing
> private@cloudstack.apache.org, detailing the ways in which you are using
> the Apache CloudStack trademarks, and the steps you have taken to make sure
> they are used responsibly.
>
> Perhaps send a message to concom@apache.org, CCing
> private@cloudstack.apache.org, detailing the plans for the conference. (I
> am not sure what specific information ConCom are looking for. But see Ross
> Gardler's recent thread on dev@cloudstack.apache.org for more context. For
> smaller events it looks like this sort of thing is not important, but
> ConCom certainly need to be involved for any conference level events.)
>
> There's an active thread about how PMC oversight works for trademarks and
> events and what have you, that I haven't followed up on yet. (Sorry about
> that.) But until we have something ratified, I am assuming that approval
> for things like this can be done via lazy consensus. i.e. This thread, and
> two separates threads as detailed above, copying the PMC, should be enough.
> (Assuming nobody raises objections within 72 hours.)
>
> Chip, or anyone else from the PMC, feel free to correct me on any of this!

My understanding based on this thread:
http://cloudstack.markmail.org/thread/eufkzvnt6v3mz4n6

is that concom was pinged back in February, but I can't verify as I am
not on concom and can't peruse the archives. In the referenced thread,
8 PMC members participated and seemed to all be for the event, so I
don't think that PMC approval is an issue.

--David