From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Website - CloudStack Collaboration Conference NA '13
Date Sat, 20 Apr 2013 20:37:41 GMT
On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Karen Vuong <karen.vuong@citrix.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The website for the CloudStack Collaboration Conference North America 2013 went up yesterday.
Registration will open on Monday, April 22nd at 9:00am PT.

> You may take a look at the website here: http://cloudstackcollab.org/
>
> I've requested for the web team to change the logo to the current Apache CloudStack logo
and that will be done before Monday 9:00am.

> I would welcome any feedback or suggestions . Thanks!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Karen

Hi Karen:

In general it looks great.

So you are using the Apache CloudStack logo - and if you continue to
do so, that will need to link to http://cloudstack.apache.org [1] That
said, it may be better to develop a cloudstack collab conference logo
instead. [5] The Hadoop cons seem to run afoul of this, but CouchDB
and Cassandra cons do not. If you really want to use the logo, we
probably need to loop in trademarks@.

I'd personally prefer a footer that says 'Apache, CloudStack, Apache
CloudStack, and the Cloud Monkey are trademarks or registered
trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation' See Hadoop World's
footer for an example. [2]

I know we don't yet have a sponsor listing up yet, but we need to
ensure that the ASF is listed as a community partner [3]

We need to add a paragraph that explains what Apache CloudStack is at
a minimum to the About page, but preferably also to the landing page.
That paragraph should include a brief description of Apache
CloudStack. This must also include a link back to the Apache project's
home page, linked from the "Apache CloudStack" wording. [4]

--David

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/faq/#integrateswith
[2] http://www.hadoopworld.com/
[3] http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/events.html#partner