From Kimihiko Kitase <Kimihiko.Kit...@citrix.co.jp>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Draft trademark guidelines
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 02:50:41 GMT
OK, lets add (TM) to logo. One thing I want to check is if Hadoop and Cassandra has logo with
TM?

My comment on the logo Sonny posted.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Trademark+Guidelines+%28DRAFT%29?focusedCommentId=30760434&#comment-30760434

1. Why don't put cloud monkey to logo?
2. TM is really black. Isnt it better to use same color with "cloud" or "open source cloud
computing"

Thanks
Kimi

-----Original Message-----
From: Noah Slater [mailto:nslater@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 10:12 AM
To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: cloudstack-marketing@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Draft trademark guidelines

The ASF policy on this should come in handy here:

http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs

Specifically:

"Logos are important to recognize as trademarks as well. For the project's official logo (if
it has one, and especially if it uses the ASF feather), ensure that it includes a small "TM"
symbol in the graphic or immediately adjacent to it. For pages that include the project logo
on them, ensure you mention "... and the Project logo are trademarks..." in the attribution."

Additionally, for textual content:

"At the top of each project or product homepage, and on the top banner of each page where
the project name appears, you should include a "TM" symbol next to the first main occurrence
of the "Apache Foo" project name. This highlights our trademark claim and emphasizes its importance
to us."

--
NS