From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Discuss - CloudExpo Europe 2014
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 14:19:39 GMT

On Apr 29, 2013, at 10:04 AM, Giles Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Thanks Sebastien
>
> I'm not yet sure of the scale of this part of cloudexpo (and I think that the organisers
probably aren't sure yet) but a table cloth and pop up may be a bit lightweight.

yes, most likely :)

> That of course then does start to raise interesting, more generic,  questions......how
would a community such as ours go about getting something like an exhibition stand ? My guess
is that we'd all  look to one of the companies involved in the community to fund/donate such
a thing ?

Yes exactly. In that particular case, let's say that Shapeblue drives this on behalf of ACS.
Then you would donate the fabrication of the booth to ACS (via approval). You would also need
to request approval for the design of said booth.

Several companies could help out in sponsoring this event to pay for the booth and their respective
sponsorship would need approval as well.

You would not be allowed to promote shapeblue at this booth, but I can't see how you could
not say "if you are looking for commercial services, here is my professional card when I don't
represent ACS". I believe this would be acceptable.

> That's just a generic question.....my suggestion, cloudexpo is a long way off and we've
got lots of time o work this out.

> (my interesting and relevant fact for the day: In India they call a pop-up exhibition
stand  "a standee" )

> Kind Regards
> Giles
>
> D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
> Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com

my gut feeling is that she may offer to help us with that also.

>>> In terms of manning the stand, it's a long way out, but I'm sure we
>>> can find a few people between us (Sebastien et al, a couple of the
>>> ShapeBlue guys,etc)
>>
>> +1 - with the (perhaps obvious) reminder that if the booth is an ACS
>> booth, that the people and materials are there to represent ACS only
>> (and not any other entity / org)
>>
>> concom and pmc lazy consensus remains required via that email
>> suggested to concom@a.o and private@cs.a.o
>>
>> Sebastien - does CTXS have ACS branded booth equipment that they could
>> lend to the affair situated in the EU?
>
> yes, we have a pop-up banner and a table cloth that can be borrowed.
> Of course anyone doing such an exhibit for ACS can also design/fabricate their own and
get approval.

>> -chip

is a registered trademark.