From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Discuss - CloudExpo Europe 2014
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 07:23:55 GMT
Sebastien, thanks for the info.

I understand the need for any activity such as this to be clearly focussed on ACS (as Chip
mentioned earlier)  You're right, any booth would have to be clearly about ACS and ACS only.

That does present us with the problems of activities  such as this being a little bit piecemeal.
 Using this cloudexpo opportunity  as an arbitrary  example, I'd guess we'd need c.$5-10k
to put together a well designed, decent sized  booth. To be blunt, I wouldn't fund that: I'd
spend the money on my own booth, where I can sell my wares! I think most business folks would
feel the same way

However,  it would be nice if the community was able to jump at opportunities  like this -
there must be plenty of people like us who would like to see things like this happen.

My suggestion ? - could we set up a marketing fund ? - - rather than donating specific items,
people can donate cash, which we could pool for items of significant cost.   Has an Apache
project ever done that before ?
That way, we could have a budget for marketing activities which could be prioritised (and
obviously decided on this list with PMC approval)

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com