From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Discuss - CloudExpo Europe 2014
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 07:53:42 GMT

On Apr 30, 2013, at 3:23 AM, Giles Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Sebastien, thanks for the info.
>
> I understand the need for any activity such as this to be clearly focussed on ACS (as
Chip mentioned earlier)  You're right, any booth would have to be clearly about ACS and ACS
only.

We have to check the exact specifics. But for instance I don't think you can mix logos.

> That does present us with the problems of activities  such as this being a little bit
piecemeal.  Using this cloudexpo opportunity  as an arbitrary  example, I'd guess we'd need
c.$5-10k to put together a well designed, decent sized  booth. To be blunt, I wouldn't fund
that: I'd spend the money on my own booth, where I can sell my wares! I think most business
folks would feel the same way

Maybe shapeblue would not fund it all, but you could try to put together a team of companies
that all give a bit and you end up with the $5k-$10k

> However,  it would be nice if the community was able to jump at opportunities  like this
- there must be plenty of people like us who would like to see things like this happen.

> My suggestion ? - could we set up a marketing fund ? - - rather than donating specific
items, people can donate cash, which we could pool for items of significant cost.   Has an
Apache project ever done that before ?
> That way, we could have a budget for marketing activities which could be prioritised
(and obviously decided on this list with PMC approval)

I don't know

> Kind Regards
> Giles
>
> D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
> Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com

probably aren't sure yet) but a table cloth and pop up may be a bit lightweight.

> yes, most likely :)
>
>> That of course then does start to raise interesting, more generic,  questions......how
would a community such as ours go about getting something like an exhibition stand ? My guess
is that we'd all  look to one of the companies involved in the community to fund/donate such
a thing ?

> Yes exactly. In that particular case, let's say that Shapeblue drives this on behalf
of ACS. Then you would donate the fabrication of the booth to ACS (via approval). You would
also need to request approval for the design of said booth.

> Several companies could help out in sponsoring this event to pay for the booth and their
respective sponsorship would need approval as well.

> You would not be allowed to promote shapeblue at this booth, but I can't see how you
could not say "if you are looking for commercial services, here is my professional card when
I don't represent ACS". I believe this would be acceptable.

>> That's just a generic question.....my suggestion, cloudexpo is a long way off and
we've got lots of time o work this out.

>> (my interesting and relevant fact for the day: In India they call a
>> pop-up exhibition stand  "a standee" )
>>

>> Kind Regards
>> Giles
>>
>> D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055 Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com

? - my gut feeling is that she may offer to help us with that also.

>>> +1 - with the (perhaps obvious) reminder that if the booth is an ACS
>>> booth, that the people and materials are there to represent ACS only
>>> (and not any other entity / org)
>>>
>>> concom and pmc lazy consensus remains required via that email
>>> suggested to concom@a.o and private@cs.a.o
>>>
>>> Sebastien - does CTXS have ACS branded booth equipment that they
>>> could lend to the affair situated in the EU?
>>
>> yes, we have a pop-up banner and a table cloth that can be borrowed.
>> Of course anyone doing such an exhibit for ACS can also design/fabricate their own
and get approval.

>>> -chip

in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is operated under license from Shape
Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

is a registered trademark.