From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Discuss - CloudExpo Europe 2014
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 13:23:25 GMT
On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 09:36:16AM +0000, Giles Sirett wrote:
> All
>
> I've just had a long chat with Magie Meer, who  organises Cloudexpo Europe.
>
> For next years show (29/30 Jan, London) , they are going to do an open cloud hall/area
and want to give 3 or 4 cloud opensource communities some free space at the show.  My guess
is that will be openstack, ACS, eucalyptus & opennebula and that they will use these as
a way of pulling in commercial sponsors

> I'd like to say "yes please".
> I guess that is technically accepting sponsorship so I need a discussion here, PMC approval
& a committer to be involved  in the organisation (I think).  I work with Geoff Higginbottom
who can take the committer role. So, please discuss on this list with a view to getting PMC
approval

> One  question: if we do say yes, what could we do for an exhibition stand ? - my gut
feeling is that she may offer to help us with that also.

> In terms of manning the stand, it's a long way out, but I'm sure we can find a few people
between us (Sebastien et al, a couple of the ShapeBlue guys,etc)

+1 - with the (perhaps obvious) reminder that if the booth is an ACS
booth, that the people and materials are there to represent ACS only
(and not any other entity / org)

concom and pmc lazy consensus remains required via that email suggested
to concom@a.o and private@cs.a.o

Sebastien - does CTXS have ACS branded booth equipment that they could
lend to the affair situated in the EU?

-chip