From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Events Approval
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 14:52:05 GMT
On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 10:45:15AM -0400, Sebastien Goasguen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to request approval for two events that I have been working on, according to our
trademark policy guidelines:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Trademark+Guidelines+(DRAFT)
>
> *Citrix would like to donate sponsoring of HPDC:
> http://hpdc.org/2013/
> HPDC is an Academic conference on distributed systems, the sponsoring is for the best
paper awards. The current CloudStack logo is already listed on the website and can be replaced
by the new one with the proper trademarks symbol if needed. The CloudStack community would
get a table, with table cloth with cloudstack logo, pop-up banner with cloudstack logo, and
handout tee-shirts with cloudstack logo for free.

> *Citrix would like to donate silver sponsorship of DevOps Days Amsterdam:
> http://devopsdays.org/events/2013-amsterdam/
> CloudStack community would get table/pop-up banner/handout free tee-shirts with cloudstack
logo

> I am also working on other events where there is no sponsoring (in the sense of paid
sponsoring), and I would like to list the one for which I received acceptance notification:

> *I got approval for an Apache CloudStack "project" presence at LinuxTag (Berlin May 22-25)
> http://www.linuxtag.org/2013/
> CloudStack community would get table/pop-up banner/handout free tee-shirts with cloudstack
logo

> At least one Apache CloudStack Committer will be present at these events.
>
> -Sebastien

Sebastien,

I'm +1 to these, and I believe we can assume a 72 hour "no objection"
approach to approval.

When you check with ConCom, let us know how it goes there.  Also, if
they disagree with being asked about this sort of thing we should change
our docs... ;-)