From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Website - CloudStack Collaboration Conference NA '13
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2013 19:43:54 GMT
On Sun, Apr 21, 2013, at 12:17 PM, Noah Slater wrote:
> I wouldn't worry too much about not getting an ACK. As Ross points out,
> it's a good enough sign that nobody cares enough to object. Which is, of
> course, what we call lazy consensus. Which is a really great social hack,
> if you ask me.

In general, I agree that lazy consensus is great for a lot of decisions.
"I'm going to do X to the Website," or "I'm merging a new feature," both
of which allow the community to review / suggest changes, etc. Also,
both things can easily be rolled back with revision control.

Planning events, on the other hand... If I'm spending money to put on an
event, I'd really like at least an ACK if I need to get permission (or
lack of refusal) to move forward.

What's the process for getting on ConCom? If it's so short-handed that
even ack'ing a request is problematic, I'd like to help out.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier