From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Website Mock-Up #2
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 19:19:23 GMT
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013, at 02:08 PM, Pierre-Luc Bisaillon wrote:
> Re: flow. I did another review of recent posts and I did find a similar
> post from Mark (pasted below) but no consensus. I will put something
> together and share. Maybe on this page?
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Website+Resources+and+Proposals#WebsiteResourcesandProposals-ContentThatLivesontheMainSite

Will this conflict with the primary front page design that Sonny has
proposed? Because that's been in front of the marketing@ list for a
while.

That page is fine for any additional proposals, etc., though.

> Re: case studies. I think this warrants further discussion (separate
> thread?). Do we agree that the main purpose here is to get as many people
> to use CloudStack? If so, then are we afraid by the fact that some people
> would shy away from CloudStack if they see corporate influence? But don't
> we think that *more* people would be convinced of using it if they did
> see case studies?

Yes, I think a separate thread is best. I don't know that I can sum up
all of the rationale for everyone who weighed in previously in answer to
your second question.

Honestly, I think case studies on the CloudStack.org site are of limited
value. Really, if we want to reach a maximal audience we should be
discussing ways to get case studies covered elsewhere and in front of
influencers rather than where they live on CloudStack.org or the wiki.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier