From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Website Mock-Up #2
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 18:38:25 GMT
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013, at 01:02 PM, Pierre-Luc Bisaillon wrote:
> 2. Joe I know there is a risk of bias in putting case studies here vs.
> the wiki, but is there an opportunity to define a framework for review?

We've had discussions on this previously, and the consensus was we'd not
want to get into trying to define this, if I recall correctly.

But if you think you can define a framework that makes sense, I'd
encourage you to propose that and raise the discussion in a new thread
so everybody can weigh in. Maybe there's a way to do it and we can
achieve consensus on it. What we don't want to do is keep raising the
question every time we talk about the site - so if we could have the
discussion in a well-defined way and come to a consensus now, that'd be
excellent.

> CloudStack has impressive success stories but I think they are not told
> enough. Are you worried about actual corporate influence or the
> *appearance* of corporate influence?

Both. :-) Sometimes the appearance of influence is just as bad. Being a
project that started out from a single entity means you have to work
pretty hard to shake that perception.

Best,

jzb
--