From "Kelcey Damage \(BT\)" <kel...@backbonetechnology.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Draft trademark guidelines
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 17:23:12 GMT
For a company to be able to no longer use the (TM), but still hold TM, the
brand must be ubiquitous with the product (ie. iPod/iPhone, Apple logo (This
is for graphics and not legal text)). This however runs the risk of a
logo/brand becoming public domain for usage if the company does not have an
active lawyer team.

In my opinion it is best for us to shove a little (TM) on the logo. Also
adding the mascot shifts us from trying to protect a melding of two English
language words (The hardest trademark to maintain) to a fully unique
composition.

Hope that helps a little, my trade and copyright experience is a few years
old.

-kd