From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject RE: Linux.com's article
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 02:59:42 GMT
Chip,

Really like the article and awesome work you and others do on promoting CS.

Speaking of Secondary storage, I imagine this going to be asked quite frequently, can we support
any other secondary store other than NFS backed ssvm?

Would you have any insight? Can we make secondary store totally independent of NFS?

Thanks
ilya

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:40 PM
To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Linux.com's article

Another one:

http://www.linux.com/news/enterprise/cloud-computing/711234-cloudstack-ups-enterprise-credibility-with-apache-top-level-status

I especially appreciated this article, because Stephen O'Grady and Jay Lyman said things that
I think are both complementary and appropriate.
As much as we want to make our voices heard, I'm a *stong* proponent of staying positive and
being complementary of similar OSS projects.  The OpenStack Foundation, for example, is doing
great work.  We can continue to include Swift storage as a valuable secondary storage plugin
option, and perhaps we'll find ways to take advantage of other work going on there.  The same
goes for OpenNebula.  Frankly, I hope that we can pick back up on the little bit of momentum
Sebastian seemed to have started to get ACS and the Open Nebula market place working together.

Jay's quotes were also very similar to the verbal discussion we had this morning.  I think
that smart analysts like these two are the ones that we want to continue to foster relationships
with.

Yes, perhaps this opinion feeds some of the trolls out there (I've seen several people comment
that we sounded to "friendly", which is apparently a bad thing), but I see it as a position
of strength for our community.

Sorry about a little bit of a rambling email there, but the thoughts above can be generalized
into how I see us continuing to craft messages around our project:  user focused and willing
OSS collaborators.

-chip