From Mark Hinkle <Mark.Hin...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Upcoming Call For Papers Cloud and Open Source Conferences
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 17:24:34 GMT
Ilya,

Maybe we can get Joe or David to submit a talk and you could help them with a real world example
from your experience maybe as a joint talk since you aren't used to the speaking circuit.
Having the case study angle to cement the project overview helps a lot. The real world example
always trumps the theoretical IMHO.  The more people that are presenting on CloudStack the
better for us to take advantage of all these events.

I have spoken at Cloud Expo East and West a number of times and have worked with the promoters
so if we get a good talk submission I can help guide it through the process. Believe me if
I can give a talk at a conference anyone can :)

Regards, Mark

On Mar 27, 2013, at 11:55 AM, "Musayev, Ilya" <imusayev@webmd.net> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> We definitely need presence on Cloud Expo in NYC, it is attended by thousands and beats
any meetup event. It is also attended by folks who make decisions.

> Do you have any plans on how to go about this? I don't think I'm qualified to do a talking
part, but we can pitch in and do demo (or perhaps a lab - but I guess the lab session - probably
costs a small fortune).

> I'm usually the guy who is attending and never had to deal with setting this up, so I
don't know the process and whats involved.