From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wiki visual guidlines
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 14:49:56 GMT

On Mar 1, 2013, at 3:12 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013, at 01:55 PM, kdamage@apache.org wrote:
>> Here is what I'm asking for now:
>>
>> --At least a few of us draft a visual guideline.
>>
>> I am not proposing we enforce this on writers, what I am proposing is to
>> start, I will walk the wiki and do my best to update content to the style
>> guide. If people like the result, we can look at a more sustainable
>> process of keeping the wiki visually cohesive.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>
> There's certainly no harm in having it, and if folks are motivated to do
> it, then I say go for it.

Just catching up with this.

My thoughts are that anyone with an account on the wiki can edit the pages, changes the headers,
grammar what not.
So go ahead Kelcey, do what you think is best.

On the website, it's under apache infra, so any committer can technically access it, edit
the pages and so on. We do need a nice looking template, but I was not convinced at all by
Sonny's proposal. Unfortunately I am not a graphic/css artists and can only point to websites
that I like.

On the documentation, we will need to "sit down" at some point and review the guides to see
how to organize them better.

-sebastien