From Kelly Hair <kelly.h...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: NYLUG event - 3 open source clouds
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 12:10:40 GMT
Good to finally meet you last night!

Unlike you, I'm very biased :)   The lack of (Xen) & additional cost
(VMware) of hypervisor support in Eucalyptus was oddly highlighted.  For
the OpenStack presentation, there was more of an emphasis of the
development lifecycle rather than features & use cases.  Perhaps the
working assumption was that the crowd already knew everything about OS so
there was no need to educate.  Joe's presentation did a wonderful job of
why CloudStack is a good option w/r/t Open Source cloud.

There was a question after the 30 minute sessions to the panel about "who
would make my buddy, the consultant, more money as a consultant based on
complexity and time to implement" and CloudStack shined in keeping the
consultant poor.  The product vs. project approach was & is key.

There were 175 registered for the event @ Google's Chelsea Market office.
It looked like there was probably 175 people there (though admittedly
didn't count all the heads..)  The session was recorded and will be made
available soon on the NY Linux User Group channel found here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/NYLUG