From Mark Hinkle <Mark.Hin...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: website idea
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 18:06:41 GMT
I think Kelcey nails I think we have adopted the format of most Apache
sites but not sure that it provides a clear cut experience for each of our
there e

- Prospects - Potential users that come to CS.org and want to learn
screenshots, feature list, video webcast, case studies of successful users
etc.
- User - Resources for users including user guides, documentation, support
mechanisms, IRC logs etc.
- Developers - Users who want to extend or integrate with CloudStack
including developer guide, wiki links to integrated technologies (e.g.
Puppet Manifests, Chef Cookbooks, Nagios Plugins, etc.)

I think that should be a design point should lead each type of user down
the path. Right now we provide a smorgasbord and users of the site pick
their own adventure. Perhaps we should be more prescriptive to help
improve their success.  I know Sonny floated a design already but I don't
think it addressed these points specifically. Maybe we could take the
feedback from this thread and have him do a rough wire frame and critique
it to get to where we need to be.

Also I would be glad to donate a Crazy Egg or we could use Google
Analytics to figure out what people do on the site. Pre-Apache I knew what
things people used the most and helped make those things easier to consume
(screenshots, downloads and manuals where at the top of the list).

Mark