From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Upcoming Call For Papers Cloud and Open Source Conferences
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 20:10:01 GMT
On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Musayev, Ilya <imusayev@webmd.net> wrote:
> Mark,
>
> I can definitely repurpose the demo I'm about to do on april 10th @ NYC CloudStack MeetUp.
>
> My use case however is tailored mostly to VMWare, ASC4.1/ACS4.1 (if released by then)
in traditional corporate infrastructure - that is willing to go cloud - but realizes that
it wont happen overnight. While my use case will speak to at least 50% of users or more, we
need may need one more speaker who can talk XEN/KVM and mention AWS like solution.

> How much time do they allocate for presentation and how many presentations are usually
done within one cloud expo?

Ilya:

This is the reality for the VAST majority of enterprises. Keep in mind
just how pervasive VMware is in the enterprise datacenter. Couple that
with the fact that the majority of enterprise workloads aren't quite
ready for cloud-style deployment patterns and you start to realize
that what you are building is what most of enterprise folks will need
- you just happen to be on the leading edge.

Greenfield cloud-style deployment patterns that folks like Netflix and
Zynga use are compelling, and awesome - and are the way of the future,
but that  doesn't deal with the currently installed base of
applications that simply aren't optimized for those deployment
patterns. That doesn't mean that cloud management solutions can't be
utilized, but it's a different story.

If you are interested, we can pitch a presentation together. We can
work on it offline if you wish.

--David