From Mathias Mullins <mathias.mull...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Wiki visual guidlines
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 17:16:40 GMT
Folks,

I think you're are both right, and they both have to be done. It's harder, it's longer, but
it's the right and best west way to do it. The two websites that I personally hate the most
are the ones that have great content, and are hard to look at and use; or the ones that are
beautiful and the content is useless.

I've only been working with the project for about 6 months and I can tell you from an outsider's
point of view that when I first came into it, even being a citrix employee, it was extremely
unattractive.

The Quality finally has got there, and Joe is right that MUST be maintained, but if you really
want to grow this and get people to join, Ilya is right, you have to have to something attractive
to lure them in and keep them.

Look at Openstack's page. While the content may not be super flashy or techno-beautiful, every
page has three key compents:
1. Content that matches the stated purpose of the page (Quality is in the eye of the beholder
sometimes)
2. The navigation is easy and user friendly
3. Each page is consistent and high quality standards match on every single page. One logo,
one font, one style sheet.

Isn't this the level that we are really talking about taking this too?

Thank you,
Matt

On Mar 1, 2013, at 11:56 AM, "Musayev, Ilya" <imusayev@webmd.net<mailto:imusayev@webmd.net>>