From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Upcoming Call For Papers Cloud and Open Source Conferences
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 15:09:04 GMT
Mark  - understood. I cant think of anything other than the type that you 've already searched
for. Just wanted to see if you had or not

I'm announcing our speakers to next European User group later: will post on here if people
fancy spreading the word

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Hinkle [mailto:Mark.Hinkle@citrix.com]
Sent: 27 March 2013 15:04
To: <marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Upcoming Call For Papers Cloud and Open Source Conferences

Giles,

I just used a service that does a scan for upcoming CFPs  and I knew these events were okay
from first hand experience. Later in the year there are other's in EMEA and Asia later in
the year(e.g. LinuxCon/CloudOpen Europe in Scotland) but none in the upcoming months that
I saw. I figured that everyone around the globe has ideas of what's good in their geography
and was hoping to spark suggestions. Earlier this year there were CloudStack talks at FOSS
Days India, FOSDEM (Belgium), Oman, Linuxcon Europe(Barcelona) and ApacheCon Europe(Germany)
but in the upcoming month's I didn't see any in Europe or Asia. If you have suggestions send
them along.

Regards,
Mark

On Mar 27, 2013, at 10:41 AM, Giles Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>
 wrote:

> Mark - I agree
>
> When creating your list, did you just look at US events ?
> If, as I guess, the answer is yes, then maybe somebody (Sebastien?) could do a list of
similar events in Europe ?

> Kind Regards
> Giles
>
> D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055 Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com

give talks at industry conferences on CloudStack. In my experience user stories have a good
chance of being chosen but project talks are popular too.  So if you are so inclined it would
be great to see more talks on CloudStack at upcoming industry events. If you have an event
you think we should try to speak at share it with everyone hopefully people are planning on
attending any how and we can drive awareness through these talks. Here are some upcoming calls
for papers around some Cloud Computing and Open Source events. If you have the ambition it
would be a good to have talks at but feel would love to see other suggestions. Also ApacheCon's
are a no-brainer there just aren't any open CFPs right now.

> Texas Linuxfest - May 31 - June 1- Austin TX Call for Papers ends
> April 1 http://2013.texaslinuxfest.org/cfp
>
> CloudSlam  - June 18 - Techmart, Santa Clara, CA Call for sessions
> closes at 5:00 p.m April 25th http://cloudslam.org/cfp
>
> Cloud Expo - June 10-13 - Javitz Center, NY, NY Call for papers ends
> April 5 http://www.cloudcomputingexpo.com/general/papers2013east.htm
>
> VMworld - August 26-29 - San Francisco, CA Call for papers ends Friday
> April 12 http://www.vmworld.com/community/conference/cfp
>
> CloudConnect Chcago - September 10-13 - Chicago, IL Call for Papers
> ends April 29th
> http://www.cloudconnectevent.com/chicago/call-for-submissions/
>
> Ohio Linux Fest - September 13-15, Columbus, OH Callf or Papers ends
> July 8th http://www.ohiolinux.org/cfp
>
> The Linux Foundation Cloud Open - September 16-18 - New Orleans, LA
> Call for Papers ends - June 17th
> http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/cloudopen/cfp
>

> Regards, Mark

is a registered trademark.