From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Upcoming Call For Papers Cloud and Open Source Conferences
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 14:41:08 GMT
Mark - I agree

When creating your list, did you just look at US events ?
If, as I guess, the answer is yes, then maybe somebody (Sebastien?) could do a list of similar
events in Europe ?

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Hinkle [mailto:Mark.Hinkle@citrix.com]
Sent: 27 March 2013 14:35
To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Upcoming Call For Papers Cloud and Open Source Conferences

I think one of the most effective things we can do from a marketing standpoint is to give
talks at industry conferences on CloudStack. In my experience user stories have a good chance
of being chosen but project talks are popular too.  So if you are so inclined it would be
great to see more talks on CloudStack at upcoming industry events. If you have an event you
think we should try to speak at share it with everyone hopefully people are planning on attending
any how and we can drive awareness through these talks. Here are some upcoming calls for papers
around some Cloud Computing and Open Source events. If you have the ambition it would be a
good to have talks at but feel would love to see other suggestions. Also ApacheCon's are a
no-brainer there just aren't any open CFPs right now.

Texas Linuxfest - May 31 - June 1- Austin TX Call for Papers ends April 1 http://2013.texaslinuxfest.org/cfp

CloudSlam  - June 18 - Techmart, Santa Clara, CA Call for sessions closes at 5:00 p.m April
25th http://cloudslam.org/cfp

Cloud Expo - June 10-13 - Javitz Center, NY, NY Call for papers ends April 5 http://www.cloudcomputingexpo.com/general/papers2013east.htm

VMworld - August 26-29 - San Francisco, CA Call for papers ends Friday April 12 http://www.vmworld.com/community/conference/cfp

CloudConnect Chcago - September 10-13 - Chicago, IL Call for Papers ends April 29th http://www.cloudconnectevent.com/chicago/call-for-submissions/

Ohio Linux Fest - September 13-15, Columbus, OH Callf or Papers ends July 8th http://www.ohiolinux.org/cfp

The Linux Foundation Cloud Open - September 16-18 - New Orleans, LA Call for Papers ends -
June 17th http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/cloudopen/cfp

Regards, Mark

is a registered trademark.