From "kelcey Damage" <kel...@backbonetechnology.com>
Subject RE: Elevator Pitch / Top N Features
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 23:16:37 GMT
Lol, you don't want to know my opinion of the UI from an Ops perspective ( I
do think it's very pretty and shiny, and I know Sonny has been working on
alternative admin interfaces :) ).

As for the elevator pitch one big thing that comes to mind is that we have
the easiest API I have ever used. And that's a big deal.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Brockmeier [mailto:jzb@zonker.net]
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 3:09 PM
To: cloudstack-marketing@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Elevator Pitch / Top N Features

Hey all,

One of the things I'd like to work on in the next few weeks (as we get ready
for 4.1) is to make the text on our landing page (CloudStack.org) a little
more enticing/descriptive for folks.

Specifically I'd like to tighten up the "What Is?" section and highlight
between eight and 10 features (max) on the front page.

So - what features should we highlight? What are the *most* compelling
things about Apache CloudStack. Essentially, what's our elevator pitch for
CloudStack?

For example:

- Multi-hypervisor support (Xen, VMware, KVM)
- Apache-licensed
- Elegant UI that is a reference implementation of the native API

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Best,

jzb
--