From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [New post] CloudStack Graduates to an Apache Top Level Project
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 16:02:04 GMT
On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 03:50:20PM +0000, Sally Khudairi wrote:
> Wait a minute. The CloudStack marketing lists are public?

Yes, and honestly we want to do all of this in the open.  There are too
many contributors (Giles FTW!) that help on this front for us to limit
to the PMC.  That might be a bit different from your normal process, but
I hope that will be OK as the working approach for us. More open = more
goodness as far as I'm concerned.

I think we just need to be more clear in the actual contact emails that
this is obviously a public / open environment, but that we would
appreciate their timing the articles to coincide with our actual
announcements.  And if they don't oblige us in that respect, then
they'll just have to subscribe to this list...  we hold off on early
contact with that individual the next time.

Let's just let this one sit *as is* for now.

Hopefully, Sally, this doesn't cause you any ill-will with any of your
contacts.

-chip