From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upcoming Call For Papers Cloud and Open Source Conferences
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 10:54:37 GMT
Top posting, a reminder that we have a wiki page listing a lot of events with cloudstack presence:

https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/draft-cloudstack-community-events-plan.html

Everyone should feel free to edit and had their events.

I just would like to point out that there are at least three type of events:

-Open Source Conferences
--in Europe: FOSDEM, Linuxcon Europe, Apache Con europe, Linux Tag (Germany), RMLL (french),
Open World Forum.

-Industry Expos

-Academic research conference
--more along the lines of what Chiradeep has sent. The biggest issue here is that CFP are
usually 6 months ahead and some of them require 8 to 10 pages of actual study.

To that you can add meet ups:
-Linux User Groups
-Java User Groups. I have had good "success" going to JUGs.

Someone needs to be the champion of a particular conference and drive the presence, even if
only a talk. Add the conf to the wiki, add it on Lanyards etc...

-Sebastien