From Sally Khudairi <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: REVISED (was Re: Talking Points for Graduation)
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 17:34:51 GMT
----- Original Message -----

cloudstack-marketing@incubator.apache.org; press@apache.org
> Sent: Thursday, 21 March 2013, 13:09
> Subject: Re: REVISED (was Re: Talking Points for Graduation)
>
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 12:06:53PM -0500, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
>>  On Thu, Mar 21, 2013, at 11:59 AM, Sally Khudairi wrote:
>>  > Ack. Any time between 6AM and 12Noon ET would be fine.
>>  >
>>  > My preference, however, is not to go out of the gate too late in the
>>  > day...earlier does help with European coverage, tweets, etc.
>>  >
>>  > How does 10AM ET sound instead? Unless we have a Left Coast
> distribution
>>  > (via email or otherwise) issue that I'm not aware of.
>>
>>  No issues - I just figured that 10:00 EDT is going to be early for the
>>  folks on the West side. There's no perfect time, though - if you think
>>  10:00 a.m. is best, then let's go with that. Thanks!
>
> +1 to 10 AM.  We want EU coverage as well...  and as Joe said, no time
> is going to hit everyone.  Plenty of folks in the other eastern hemisphere
> are getting it at a bad time too.

ACK. To recap:

- I'll send this out under embargo today to ASF "friendlies" (press + analysts).

- We go live at 10AM ET (via Newswire, ASF Foundation blog {Sally's press release}, Twitter,
and announce@) on Monday, 25 March.

- I'll confirm once live, and will forward any incoming media queries to Chip via the cloudstack-marketing@incubator.a.o
list between now and then.

Ready and revving,