From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: [WAS] Re: Stats - commits by company for CloudStack
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 17:14:30 GMT
On Thu, Mar 21, 2013, at 12:08 PM, Kelly Hair wrote:
> Thanks Sebastien. I'll be on the lookout for your post. The company slant
> was based on the a older post on OpenStack that showed how much was
> community driven vs. Red Hat, Cisco and Rackspace.

FWIW, I think it's going to be hard to tease out exact contributions by
company since I don't know we're perfectly tracking contributions like
translations yet and someone would have to do the mapping between
companies and email addresses.

When I was writing for RWW I covered some of that, and it's non-trivial
at best trying to identify all the contributions correctly - even
getting individuals right is tricky, since some folks may submit
patches, etc. from different email addresses and not map up well.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier