From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: Press release for our eventual graduation?
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 15:47:03 GMT
On Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 10:28 AM, Sally Khudairi wrote:
> Some projects are media/message-savvy and send me their proposed draft
> for editing into the ASF format/tone and distribution, whilst others need
> me to do the whole thing for them (but help with providing key
> points/features, and collecting supporting quotes from the community). I
> still am the one to pull the trigger on the blogs, Twitter feed, and
> newswires.

Good to know how we should proceed!

> Seeing that Giles and Chip chomping at the bit, I suspect we'll be
> working together here :-)

Yes - we can supply you with a near-final draft to work with, and then
if you have any changes we need to make, that's cool.

I assume we'll still handle posting to the CloudStack Apache blog, etc.?

Will you be doing any specific outreach to press? For the
4.0.0-incubating release, we came up with a press list and contacted
folks directly who might usually write about cloud topics. Not sure if
Apache does any "pushing" to press or mainly handles incoming requests.

> I must underscore that we need to work together here: some projects
> learned that the Board approved their resolution, went out and blogged
> and tweeted their enthusiasm at becoming a TLP, then were confused when
> we didn't garner any media coverage when the press release was issued a
> few weeks later. The press don't report on "old" news, so we need to
> coordinate our timing. This is important.

Gotcha. And yes, I'm aware of this from prior experience. :-)

> So having said all this, what's your timeframe? Do you want to send me a
> draft release based on earlier TLP announcements such as:

We should get it done this week, though we don't know yet if we're on
the agenda for March 20th.

Best,

jzb
--