From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Press release for our eventual graduation?
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 15:28:26 GMT
Hello, everyone --thanks for including us in your plans.

With respect to formally announcing your graduation from the Incubator, yes, I am the one
who will be working with you to get the message out.

Some projects are media/message-savvy and send me their proposed draft for editing into the
ASF format/tone and distribution, whilst others need me to do the whole thing for them (but
help with providing key points/features, and collecting supporting quotes from the community).
I still am the one to pull the trigger on the blogs, Twitter feed, and newswires.

Seeing that Giles and Chip chomping at the bit, I suspect we'll be working together here :-)

I must underscore that we need to work together here: some projects learned that the Board
approved their resolution, went out and blogged and tweeted their enthusiasm at becoming a
TLP, then were confused when we didn't garner any media coverage when the press release was
issued a few weeks later. The press don't report on "old" news, so we need to coordinate our
timing. This is important.

So having said all this, what's your timeframe? Do you want to send me a draft release based
on earlier TLP announcements such as:

- https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces39
- https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces35
- https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces34

Thanks in advance for your help & enthusiasm. I look forward to working with you!

Chat soon,
Sally

= = = = =
vox +1 617 921 8656