From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject What belongs on the Website? (Was Re: [WEBSITE] Release support lifetime and related content)
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 13:49:16 GMT
As we're trying to get a good "flow" for the Web site, I think we also
need to look at what content does (and doesn't) belong on the site.

Chip raised a good point:

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013, at 02:11 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
> I'd ask that the relevant material for devs is considered in any site
> redesign.  I'd further suggest that, more generally, developer-centric
> documentation should live on the wiki.  For instance, the "contributing"
> page has instructions for working with review-board, but it's getting
> out of date.  I'd rather allow the dev community to work with the wiki
> to evolve processes over time...

So what belongs on the Web site as "static" content, and what should
exist on the Wiki for continual curation by the developers/contributors?

I've put a list of content on the wiki here that we should have (and
what does and doesn't exist):

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Website+Resources+and+Proposals#WebsiteResourcesandProposals-ContentThatLivesontheMainSite

By definition, anything *not* on that list will be removed shortly from
the site (e.g. - "Coding Conventions," "Developers's FAQ," etc.)

Note that we would still link to resources as appropriate, like the
instructions for working with review board, etc. (Do we need any
notation on the wiki for pages that should not be
moved/removed/renamed?)

Thoughts, comments, flames?

Best,

jzb