From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: Draft of the Weekly News (11 March) is up
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 19:08:39 GMT
On Mon, Mar 11, 2013, at 12:49 PM, Mathias Mullins wrote:
> Joe,
>
> I know I wasn't supposed to have Spammed it (my bad), but in the
> "CloudStack Planet" section, would it be worthy to add the Press release
> from LeaseWeb? While I know Robert is working on a use case for the
> future, I know you and I had talked that the news was a better place for
> this then it going across the e-mail lists.

So, I generally envisioned the Planet section as a place for posts from
people in the community. Press releases wouldn't quite fit *what I had
in mind* but I'm open to hearing what other folks think.

I wouldn't hesitate to add a post from a *person in the community* with
much the same information, but I hesitate to start pointing to press
releases from the weekly news. Again - I would like to hear opinions,
but AFAIK, it's not a typical practice in a community publication to
link to press releases.

The -marketing list is a fine place to make note of this sort of thing,
though. It helps people who are interested in promoting CloudStack know
what's going on. I'd also love to see things like this:

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/2012-August/014408.html

Where members of the marketing list send news items to the list so
people are aware of them & can help amplify coverage when it's something
we'd like to see get wider attention. (And perhaps provide *gentle*
feedback if an author has not gotten their facts entirely correct.)

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier