From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: website idea
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 21:09:35 GMT
On Tue, Mar 5, 2013, at 02:59 PM, Mathias Mullins wrote:
> David,
>
> Then why do we have a "Integration Partners" section of the wiki?

We don't.

Well, we don't now. ;-)

It's now "Companies with CloudStack Integrations."

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Companies+with+CloudStack+Integrations

We *did* have probably because someone created the page without being
precise about the language used.

> We ask
> people to integrate but we don't want to mention that they integrate with
> it? Seems kinda backwards doesn't it? I know a lot of good companies that
> support the Open Source version and are very proud of that fact. Maybe
> it's just a ASF rule.

It's not a matter of not mentioning it, it's a matter of being specific
about how we acknowledge the relationships of companies/organizations
that do things around CloudStack.

Apache projects do not have corporate partners. We have no procedures or
mechanisms to accept a "partner," nor should we. Apache projects should
be vendor neutral, it's about community and code.

That said, we can list companies that have products that support Apache
CloudStack - but they enjoy no special status within the project. Does
that make sense?

Best,

jzb
--