cloudstack-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "ASF GitHub Bot (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (CLOUDSTACK-8284) Primary_storage vlaue is not updating in resource_count table after VM deletion
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2017 08:49:41 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8284?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15871451#comment-15871451
] 

ASF GitHub Bot commented on CLOUDSTACK-8284:
--------------------------------------------

Github user ustcweizhou commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1857
  
    @adwaitpatankar oh, I totally understand the issue and the change you made. You are right
as I remember. However, I think the recalculation on other accounts in the domain is not necessary
( we also thought about this change before), so please test my suggestion in previous comment
if possible.
    
    by the way, the issue also exists in engine/storage/volume/src/org/apache/cloudstack/storage/volume/VolumeServiceImpl.java.


> Primary_storage vlaue is not updating in resource_count table after VM deletion
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CLOUDSTACK-8284
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8284
>             Project: CloudStack
>          Issue Type: Bug
>      Security Level: Public(Anyone can view this level - this is the default.) 
>    Affects Versions: 4.4.2
>            Reporter: Sonali Jadhav
>            Assignee: adwait patankar
>
> I was doing some tests for checking resource limitation behavior on sub-domain, a/c and
project.
> For account , I didn't set any limits. Instead I set limits on sub-domain. But this specific
Primary storage limit(40GB) acted weird.
> At first in sub-domain, I created new instance (without project), and assigned 41 GB,
and it successfully created VM. Then I deleted that VM with Expunge option enabled, and tried
to create vm again with disk size 42, which failed with error "Maximum number of resources
of type 'primary_storage' for domain id=3 has been exceeded"
> Then I gave disk size to 39GB, that also failed with same error. And now if I create
any disk size its failing. There are no instances or volumes under that sub-domain.
> so which i checked resource_count table, "count" for Primary_storage was not set to zero.
> So then I logged into same domain from UI, and in "Domains" section clicked on "update
resource count". After which in resource_count table "primary_storage" table value went back
to zero.
> For Reference: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.cloudstack.user/17008 



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.15#6346)

Mime
View raw message