cloudstack-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "ASF GitHub Bot (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (CLOUDSTACK-9701) When host is disabled/removed, capacity_state for local storage in op_host_capacity is still enabled
Date Mon, 26 Dec 2016 11:25:58 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-9701?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15778160#comment-15778160
] 

ASF GitHub Bot commented on CLOUDSTACK-9701:
--------------------------------------------

GitHub user sudhansu7 opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1869

    CLOUDSTACK-9701: When host is disabled/removed, capacity_type for loc…

    …al storage in op_host_capacity is still enabled
    
    Description
    =========
    When a host is disabled or removed, local storage related capacity data for the corresponding
local storage of the host is still in enabled state.
    This may not directly impact deploy VM functionality (for example) but it does show incorrect
capacity calculations.
    
    Steps
    =====
    
    1. Enable local storage for zone
    2. Disable host or remove host (after adding it to maintenance mode)
    3. Check op_host_capacity (capacity_state=9)
    
    In either of the cases, the local storage related capacity is still enabled for the host.
    
    
    ```
    mysql> select id, name, uuid, status,resource_state, type, removed from host where
type = 'Routing';
    +----+--------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+----------------+---------+---------+
    | id | name               | uuid                                 | status | resource_state
| type    | removed |
    +----+--------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+----------------+---------+---------+
    |  1 | xenserver-nvjxksqs | 16a922d0-7b4c-4c84-baad-5bd91542181c | Up     | Disabled 
     | Routing | NULL    |
    |  4 | xenserver-hnkwhblp | 0e0f161a-7cf5-4e44-8bcc-a25ba7d798e5 | Up     | Enabled  
     | Routing | NULL    |
    +----+--------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+----------------+---------+---------+
    2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
    
    mysql> select host_id, used_capacity, reserved_capacity, total_capacity, capacity_type,
capacity_state from op_host_capacity where capacity_type=9;
    +---------+---------------+-------------------+----------------+---------------+----------------+
    | host_id | used_capacity | reserved_capacity | total_capacity | capacity_type | capacity_state
|
    +---------+---------------+-------------------+----------------+---------------+----------------+
    |       3 |       4194304 |                 0 |   491505319936 |             9 | Enabled
       |
    |       4 |       4194304 |                 0 |   491505319936 |             9 | Enabled
       |
    +---------+---------------+-------------------+----------------+---------------+----------------+
    2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
    
    mysql> select id, name, removed, pool_type, capacity_bytes from storage_pool where
id in (3,4);
    +----+----------------------------------+---------+-----------+----------------+
    | id | name                             | removed | pool_type | capacity_bytes |
    +----+----------------------------------+---------+-----------+----------------+
    |  3 | xenserver-nvjxksqs Local Storage | NULL    | LVM       |   491505319936 |
    |  4 | xenserver-hnkwhblp Local Storage | NULL    | LVM       |   491505319936 |
    +----+----------------------------------+---------+-----------+----------------+
    
    mysql> select host_id, used_capacity, reserved_capacity, total_capacity, capacity_type,
capacity_state from op_host_capacity where capacity_type in (0,1,3,9);
    +---------+---------------+-------------------+----------------+---------------+----------------+
    | host_id | used_capacity | reserved_capacity | total_capacity | capacity_type | capacity_state
|
    +---------+---------------+-------------------+----------------+---------------+----------------+
    |       1 |    1342177280 |                 0 |    15721585024 |             0 | Disabled
      |
    |       1 |          1000 |                 0 |          12400 |             1 | Disabled
      |
    |       1 |  119954444288 |                 0 | 11804569632768 |             3 | Enabled
       |
    |       4 |    2013265920 |                 0 |    15721585024 |             0 | Enabled
       |
    |       4 |          2600 |                 0 |          12400 |             1 | Enabled
       |
    |       2 |             0 |                 0 | 11804569632768 |             3 | Enabled
       |
    |       3 |       4194304 |                 0 |   491505319936 |             9 | Disabled
      |
    |       4 |       4194304 |                 0 |   491505319936 |             9 | Enabled
       |
    +---------+---------------+-------------------+----------------+---------------+----------------+
    8 rows in set (0.00 sec)
    
    
    ```
    
    After fix:
    ```
    mysql> select host_id, used_capacity, reserved_capacity, total_capacity, capacity_type,
capacity_state from op_host_capacity where capacity_type in (0,1,3,9);
    +---------+---------------+-------------------+----------------+---------------+----------------+
    | host_id | used_capacity | reserved_capacity | total_capacity | capacity_type | capacity_state
|
    +---------+---------------+-------------------+----------------+---------------+----------------+
    |       1 |    1342177280 |                 0 |    15721585024 |             0 | Disabled
      |
    |       1 |          1000 |                 0 |          12400 |             1 | Disabled
      |
    |       1 |  119954444288 |                 0 | 11804569632768 |             3 | Enabled
       |
    |       4 |    2013265920 |                 0 |    15721585024 |             0 | Enabled
       |
    |       4 |          2600 |                 0 |          12400 |             1 | Enabled
       |
    |       2 |             0 |                 0 | 11804569632768 |             3 | Enabled
       |
    |       3 |       4194304 |                 0 |   491505319936 |             9 | Disabled
      |
    |       4 |       4194304 |                 0 |   491505319936 |             9 | Enabled
       |
    +---------+---------------+-------------------+----------------+---------------+----------------+
    8 rows in set (0.00 sec)
    ```


You can merge this pull request into a Git repository by running:

    $ git pull https://github.com/sudhansu7/cloudstack CLOUDSTACK-9701

Alternatively you can review and apply these changes as the patch at:

    https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1869.patch

To close this pull request, make a commit to your master/trunk branch
with (at least) the following in the commit message:

    This closes #1869
    
----
commit 7491032be7258a276c8a988c72f6ff0cdc8d986e
Author: Sudhansu <sudhansu.sahu@accelerite.com>
Date:   2016-12-23T10:31:21Z

    CLOUDSTACK-9701: When host is disabled/removed, capacity_type for local storage in op_host_capacity
is still enabled

----


> When host is disabled/removed, capacity_state for local storage in op_host_capacity is
still enabled
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CLOUDSTACK-9701
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-9701
>             Project: CloudStack
>          Issue Type: Bug
>      Security Level: Public(Anyone can view this level - this is the default.) 
>          Components: Management Server
>    Affects Versions: 4.9.0
>            Reporter: Sudhansu Sahu
>            Assignee: Sudhansu Sahu
>
> Setup: Advanced zone with local storage enabled
> Description
> =========
> When a host is disabled or removed, local storage related capacity data for the corresponding
local storage of the host is still in enabled state.
> This may not directly impact deploy VM functionality (for example) but it does show incorrect
capacity calculations.
> Steps
> =====
> 1. Enable local storage for zone
> 2. Disable host or remove host (after adding it to maintenance mode)
> 3. Check op_host_capacity (capacity_state=9)
> In either of the cases, the local storage related capacity is still enabled for the host.
> {noformat}
> mysql> select id, name, uuid, status,resource_state, type, removed from host where
type = 'Routing';
> +----+--------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+----------------+---------+---------+
> | id | name               | uuid                                 | status | resource_state
| type    | removed |
> +----+--------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+----------------+---------+---------+
> |  1 | xenserver-nvjxksqs | 16a922d0-7b4c-4c84-baad-5bd91542181c | Up     | Disabled
      | Routing | NULL    |
> |  4 | xenserver-hnkwhblp | 0e0f161a-7cf5-4e44-8bcc-a25ba7d798e5 | Up     | Enabled 
      | Routing | NULL    |
> +----+--------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+----------------+---------+---------+
> 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
> mysql> select host_id, used_capacity, reserved_capacity, total_capacity, capacity_type,
capacity_state from op_host_capacity where capacity_type=9;
> +---------+---------------+-------------------+----------------+---------------+----------------+
> | host_id | used_capacity | reserved_capacity | total_capacity | capacity_type | capacity_state
|
> +---------+---------------+-------------------+----------------+---------------+----------------+
> |       3 |       4194304 |                 0 |   491505319936 |             9 | Enabled
       |
> |       4 |       4194304 |                 0 |   491505319936 |             9 | Enabled
       |
> +---------+---------------+-------------------+----------------+---------------+----------------+
> 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
> mysql> select id, name, removed, pool_type, capacity_bytes from storage_pool where
id in (3,4);
> +----+----------------------------------+---------+-----------+----------------+
> | id | name                             | removed | pool_type | capacity_bytes |
> +----+----------------------------------+---------+-----------+----------------+
> |  3 | xenserver-nvjxksqs Local Storage | NULL    | LVM       |   491505319936 |
> |  4 | xenserver-hnkwhblp Local Storage | NULL    | LVM       |   491505319936 |
> +----+----------------------------------+---------+-----------+----------------+
> {noformat}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message