cloudstack-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "adwait patankar (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (CLOUDSTACK-8284) Primary_storage vlaue is not updating in resource_count table after VM deletion
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2016 10:50:58 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8284?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15769751#comment-15769751
] 

adwait patankar commented on CLOUDSTACK-8284:
---------------------------------------------

When user initiates "update resource count" by clicking the button at domain level, the resources
are recalculated at domain level explicitly.
In case of expunge VM, the code is present to recalculate the resource count, however it is
done at account level (since the accountID is being passed in the method call). There is a
check in the method, if the accountID is null then the resource count is done at domain level
else at account level.




> Primary_storage vlaue is not updating in resource_count table after VM deletion
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CLOUDSTACK-8284
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8284
>             Project: CloudStack
>          Issue Type: Bug
>      Security Level: Public(Anyone can view this level - this is the default.) 
>    Affects Versions: 4.4.2
>            Reporter: Sonali Jadhav
>            Assignee: adwait patankar
>
> I was doing some tests for checking resource limitation behavior on sub-domain, a/c and
project.
> For account , I didn't set any limits. Instead I set limits on sub-domain. But this specific
Primary storage limit(40GB) acted weird.
> At first in sub-domain, I created new instance (without project), and assigned 41 GB,
and it successfully created VM. Then I deleted that VM with Expunge option enabled, and tried
to create vm again with disk size 42, which failed with error "Maximum number of resources
of type 'primary_storage' for domain id=3 has been exceeded"
> Then I gave disk size to 39GB, that also failed with same error. And now if I create
any disk size its failing. There are no instances or volumes under that sub-domain.
> so which i checked resource_count table, "count" for Primary_storage was not set to zero.
> So then I logged into same domain from UI, and in "Domains" section clicked on "update
resource count". After which in resource_count table "primary_storage" table value went back
to zero.
> For Reference: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.cloudstack.user/17008 



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message