cloudstack-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "ASF subversion and git services (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (CLOUDSTACK-7182) NPE while trying to deploy VMs in parallel in isolated network
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2014 23:03:41 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-7182?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14077092#comment-14077092
] 

ASF subversion and git services commented on CLOUDSTACK-7182:
-------------------------------------------------------------

Commit f47cfc6eb16bf0fa5830327207a2d3fdf24ab700 in cloudstack's branch refs/heads/master from
[~yasker]
[ https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;h=f47cfc6 ]

CLOUDSTACK-7186: Revert "CLOUDSTACK-7182: NPE while trying to deploy VMs in parallel in isolated
network"

This reverts commit 47d6a64b319ab064c4b855346f2bfdb250fb9ad8, which broke VPC
completely.


> NPE while trying to deploy VMs in parallel in isolated network
> --------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CLOUDSTACK-7182
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-7182
>             Project: CloudStack
>          Issue Type: Bug
>      Security Level: Public(Anyone can view this level - this is the default.) 
>          Components: Management Server
>    Affects Versions: 4.4.0
>            Reporter: Koushik Das
>            Assignee: Koushik Das
>             Fix For: 4.5.0
>
>
> Repro steps:
> - Create an account
> - Deploy around 50 VMs in parallel in a new network (VR not created)
> This is a race condition and NPE is not always hit. Below is the log snippet.
> 2014-03-06 12:20:15,121 DEBUG [c.c.h.x.r.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-233:ctx-210c1052)
Creating VIF for i-4-98-VM on nic [Nic:Guest-10.1.1.105-null]
> 2014-03-06 12:20:15,127 WARN  [c.c.h.x.r.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-233:ctx-210c1052)
Catch Exception: class java.lang.NullPointerException due to java.lang.NullPointerException
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at com.cloud.network.Networks$BroadcastDomainType.getSchemeValue(Networks.java:173)
>         at com.cloud.network.Networks$BroadcastDomainType.getValue(Networks.java:228)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.getNetwork(CitrixResourceBase.java:1084)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.createVif(CitrixResourceBase.java:1137)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.execute(CitrixResourceBase.java:1766)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.executeRequest(CitrixResourceBase.java:627)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XenServer56Resource.executeRequest(XenServer56Resource.java:60)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XenServer610Resource.executeRequest(XenServer610Resource.java:106)
>         at com.cloud.agent.manager.DirectAgentAttache$Task.runInContext(DirectAgentAttache.java:215)
>         at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable$1.run(ManagedContextRunnable.java:50)
>         at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext$1.call(DefaultManagedContext.java:56)
>         at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.callWithContext(DefaultManagedContext.java:103)
>         at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.runWithContext(DefaultManagedContext.java:53)
>         at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable.run(ManagedContextRunnable.java:47)
>         at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:165)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:266)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:701)
> 2014-03-06 12:20:15,128 WARN  [c.c.h.x.r.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-233:ctx-210c1052)
Unable to start i-4-98-VM due to
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at com.cloud.network.Networks$BroadcastDomainType.getSchemeValue(Networks.java:173)
>         at com.cloud.network.Networks$BroadcastDomainType.getValue(Networks.java:228)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.getNetwork(CitrixResourceBase.java:1084)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.createVif(CitrixResourceBase.java:1137)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.execute(CitrixResourceBase.java:1766)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.executeRequest(CitrixResourceBase.java:627)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XenServer56Resource.executeRequest(XenServer56Resource.java:60)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XenServer610Resource.executeRequest(XenServer610Resource.java:106)
>         at com.cloud.agent.manager.DirectAgentAttache$Task.runInContext(DirectAgentAttache.java:215)
>         at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable$1.run(ManagedContextRunnable.java:50)
>        at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext$1.call(DefaultManagedContext.java:56)
>         at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.callWithContext(DefaultManagedContext.java:103)
>         at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.runWithContext(DefaultManagedContext.java:53)
>         at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable.run(ManagedContextRunnable.java:47)
>         at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:165)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:266)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:701)
> 2014-03-06 12:20:15,449 DEBUG [c.c.a.m.AgentManagerImpl] (AgentManager-Handler-13:null)
SeqA 3-10328: Processing Seq 3-10328:  { Cmd , MgmtId: -1, via: 3, Ver: v1, Flags: 11, [{"com.cloud.agent.api.ConsoleProxyLoadReportCommand":{"_proxyVmId":1,"_loadInfo":"{\n
 \"connections\": []\n}","wait":0}}] }
> 2014-03-06 12:20:15,518 DEBUG [c.c.a.m.AgentManagerImpl] (AgentManager-Handler-13:null)
SeqA 3-10328: Sending Seq 3-10328:  { Ans: , MgmtId: 233845177509765, via: 3, Ver: v1, Flags:
100010, [{"com.cloud.agent.api.AgentControlAnswer":{"result":true,"wait":0}}] }
> 2014-03-06 12:20:15,561 WARN  [c.c.h.x.r.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-233:ctx-210c1052)
Unable to clean up VBD due to
> You gave an invalid object reference.  The object may have recently been deleted.  The
class parameter gives the type of reference given, and the handle parameter echoes the bad
value given.
>         at com.xensource.xenapi.Types.checkResponse(Types.java:209)
>         at com.xensource.xenapi.Connection.dispatch(Connection.java:368)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XenServerConnectionPool$XenServerConnection.dispatch(XenServerConnectionPool.java:469)
>         at com.xensource.xenapi.VBD.unplug(VBD.java:1059)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.handleVmStartFailure(CitrixResourceBase.java:1510)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.execute(CitrixResourceBase.java:1848)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.executeRequest(CitrixResourceBase.java:627)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XenServer56Resource.executeRequest(XenServer56Resource.java:60)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XenServer610Resource.executeRequest(XenServer610Resource.java:106)
>         at com.cloud.agent.manager.DirectAgentAttache$Task.runInContext(DirectAgentAttache.java:215)
>         at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable$1.run(ManagedContextRunnable.java:50)
>         at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext$1.call(DefaultManagedContext.java:56)
>         at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.callWithContext(DefaultManagedContext.java:103)
>         at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.runWithContext(DefaultManagedContext.java:53)
>         at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable.run(ManagedContextRunnable.java:47)
>         at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:165)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:266)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:701)
> 2014-03-06 12:20:15,564 WARN  [c.c.h.x.r.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-233:ctx-210c1052)
Unable to clean up VBD due to
> You gave an invalid object reference.  The object may have recently been deleted.  The
class parameter gives the type of reference given, and the handle parameter echoes the bad
value given.
>       at com.xensource.xenapi.Types.checkResponse(Types.java:209)
>         at com.xensource.xenapi.Connection.dispatch(Connection.java:368)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XenServerConnectionPool$XenServerConnection.dispatch(XenServerConnectionPool.java:469)
>         at com.xensource.xenapi.VBD.unplug(VBD.java:1059)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.handleVmStartFailure(CitrixResourceBase.java:1510)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.execute(CitrixResourceBase.java:1848)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.executeRequest(CitrixResourceBase.java:627)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XenServer56Resource.executeRequest(XenServer56Resource.java:60)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XenServer610Resource.executeRequest(XenServer610Resource.java:106)
>         at com.cloud.agent.manager.DirectAgentAttache$Task.runInContext(DirectAgentAttache.java:215)
>         at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable$1.run(ManagedContextRunnable.java:50)
>         at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext$1.call(DefaultManagedContext.java:56)
>         at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.callWithContext(DefaultManagedContext.java:103)
>         at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.runWithContext(DefaultManagedContext.java:53)
>         at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable.run(ManagedContextRunnable.java:47)
>         at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:165)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:266)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:701)
> 2014-03-06 12:20:15,565 DEBUG [c.c.h.x.r.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-233:ctx-210c1052)
The VM is in stopped state, detected problem during startup : i-4-98-VM
> 2014-03-06 12:20:15,565 DEBUG [c.c.a.m.DirectAgentAttache] (DirectAgent-233:ctx-210c1052)
Seq 2-195889156: Response Received:
>                                                                                     
              



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.2#6252)

Mime
View raw message